- To enhance and develop each student’s stock of theatre skills and technical skills
- To emphasize actor training within a comprehensive and collaborative program
- To develop skills that may contribute to community, professional and post-secondary theatre pursuits
- To facilitate actors designing, scripting and devising much of their own work
- To provide technical mentorship in all design strands and stage management
- To experience professional productions and performances on field-trips to Victoria and Vancouver (often with the opportunity for talk-backs and workshops).
- To work in collaboration with the Music and Dance Strands of Gulf Islands School of Performing Arts
- To produce a high quality theatrical production, performed at ArtSpring, as an end product to the process